8 Best Anti-Aging Skin Care Tips for Every Body
Discover how to fight all the signs of aging.
After all, our skin is the largest organ! And that comes with a proper regimen and healthy lifestyle. Here’s a few of the best anti-aging skin care tips that can help make that happen…
H3 heading to waive off WCAG issue
- Practice early prevention with an anti-aging regimen
- You don’t have to wait for wrinkles to appear begin a healthy skincare routine. Actually, by that time, it may even be harder to reduce the signs of aging. So people in your 20s, listen up. Where to begin? Moisturize daily. And yes, that means your entire body, face to feet. Showering, particularly with harsh soaps and super-hot water, has the potential to strip the skin of its natural oils, which can ultimately lead to dryness and irritation. Replenishment of these nutrients will help maintain youthful-looking skin. Just be sure to lather up right after drying off with an anti-aging body lotion, while your pores are open enough to soak in all those nutrients.
- Don’t skip the sunscreen.
Wearing sunscreen every day (and that goes for the cloudy ones, too) is key—and one with at least an SPF of at least 30.
UV exposure may account for up to 80% of visible signs of aging in the skin including dry appearance, scalping, wrinkling and impaired pigmentation.¹
In fact, a 2013 study in the Annals of Internal Medicine showed that people who wore sunscreen three to four days a week were less likely to experience skin aging after four and a half years than those who didn’t.²
- Use an anti-aging hand cream.
It’s likely you already have a go-to facial moisturizer, but what about your hands? They need some love, too.
The skin on the backs of your hands is quite delicate and prolonged exposure to the sun on that part of the body can lead to dark spots and crepey skin. To slow down this aging process, rub sunscreen on your hands every morning. At night, use Vaseline® Clinical Care™ Dry Hands Rescue.
- Choose products that contain anti-aging ingredients.
Ready to make a purchase? Read the label. These ingredients found in lotions and moisturizers have been shown to repair damage and slow the aging process:
- Hyaluronic acid: A molecule known for keeping skin cells hydrated can help smooth out skin
- Vitamin C: Its anti-oxidants are known to boost the amount of collagen and minimize fine lines, wrinkles, and scars.
- Vitamin B3: Helps to prevent water loss in the skin and retain moisture content, ultimately smoothing out wrinkles
Vaseline® Intensive Care™ has a range of skin care products that address aging skin concerns. Try the Vaseline® Intensive Care™ Hydra Strength Hand Crème or Vaseline® Intensive Care™ Hydra Replenish Hand Crème to restore elasticity and resilience in your skin.
- Hydrate. Hydrate. Hydrate. Did we say that enough?
Drinking water on the regular, and plenty of it (at least eight 8-ounce glasses daily), is important to maintaining not only the health of your body functions, but your skin as well. As we age, our body loses its ability to retain moisture, making wrinkles and dry skin more noticeable. Hydrating can improve the look of these telltale signs of aging.³
- Eat foods rich in anti-oxidants.
Fill your plate with foods that are high in omega-3 like salmon and other fatty fish to help your skin maintain a healthy skin barrier. Other anti-oxidant rich foods (green tea, pomegranate, berries), can help ward off the free-radicals that can cause skin to age. Wheat germ oil, sunflower seeds and chickpeas are all good options, too.
- Wash your face before bed.
Yes, you’ve heard it before, but it’s the cardinal rule of skincare. You may be tired, but it’s important to wash off the day’s makeup, oil and bacteria so that your pores can breathe.
- Get your beauty sleep, literally.
When you snooze, your body repairs the damage it encounters during the day. Disrupting this process can slow down cell turnover and interfere with proper skin function. So take a deep breath and relax, as getting a hold of your stress will help, too.⁴
Treating Age Spots on HandsFollow these tips and skin care regime from Vaseline to get a handle on the appearance of age spots on your hands, and feel confident again.Read More Treating Age Spots on Hands »
Eczema: How to Care for Hands and FeetIf you think you have eczema on your hands, Vaseline® Lotion for eczema can help.Read More Eczema: How to Care for Hands and Feet »
If You’re Overwashing Your Hands, You Need ThisHere's why an expert swears by the classic standby for dry skin.Read More If You’re Overwashing Your Hands, You Need This »
How to Get Glowing SkinHave you ever wondered how to get glowing skin? Discover tips on easy ways to get healthy, glowing skin.<div> </div>Read More How to Get Glowing Skin »
EQUITABLE SKINCARE FOR ALL
Every body, Everywhere Deserves Healthy Skin
Systemic racism and healthcare inequities negatively impact Black and Latinx communities, leading to worse health outcomes for people of color, and skincare is no exception. We want to change that.