Discover 101 Uses of Vaseline Petroleum Jelly
When it comes to lockdown basics, nothing beats Vaseline Petroleum Jelly for versatility!
Vaseline Petroleum Jelly is made from 100 percent triple-purified petroleum jelly that locks moisture into the skin, moisturizing it to repair and relieve dryness, but there’s so much more to this wonder jelly.
If you’ve got Vaseline Petroleum Jelly, you’ve got 101 uses in one small jar. Now, there’s no better time to discover all the ways Vaseline can make staying at home easier and more enjoyable while still taking care of your skin!
Uses of Petroleum Jelly
#Vaseline101uses Beauty Hacks
You can use Vaseline petroleum jelly for beauty like removing makeup, making your eyebrows, and even nails.
Have to do your home manicure?
Rub Petroleum Jelly into the skin around your nails before adding nail polish. If you make any mistakes, nail polish can be easily removed when your nails are dry, and it softens cuticles at the same time!
Ready to take on a DIY hair dye job?
Apply Vaseline Petroleum Jelly along your hairline, over your ears and neck, and you won’t have any problems with stubborn dye stains where you don’t want them!
#Vaseline101uses Skincare Hacks
Looking for some simple at-home pampering ideas?
- Put Vaseline Petroleum Jelly on your dry lips, leave it a few minutes, then lightly rub lips with a toothbrush to exfoliate
- Mix Vaseline Petroleum Jelly with lemon and apply to your face as a skin brightening mask
- Mix Vaseline Petroleum Jelly with sugar or salt to create a full body scrub that will help remove any dead skin cells and leave your skin feeling soft and smooth
- Get softer heels overnight. Simply cover feet in Vaseline Petroleum Jelly and sleep with socks over.
How about home fitness?
No need to struggle with chafing during your at-home workouts or daily runs. Simply rub Vaseline Petroleum Jelly on trouble areas like thighs, upper arms, nipples (men) or other spots for instant protection.
#Vaseline101uses DIY Hacks
If you’ve got a few home DIY issues that are keeping you up, Vaseline Petroleum Jelly could be just the simple solution.
Annoying squeaky door?
Apply a dab of Vaseline Petroleum Jelly to your door hinges and sleep soundly!
Frozen locks won’t open?
A dash of Vaseline Petroleum Jelly will get things moving again swiftly
Discover all 101 uses for Vaseline Petroleum Jelly below!
- Relieves skin soreness post-waxing for women
- Relieves sore skin post threading of eyebrows and upper lips for women
- Relieves itchiness post shaving for men
- Can be used for a gentle massage
- Rub into hard, dry cuticles to soften and moisturize
- Works as an effective makeup remover
- Used as a sealant for lipstick on lips
- Can also be used as a lip gloss
- Helps prevent rough skin on ankles
- Apply over scabs to help to protect them
- Can be applied to help prevent scars
- Works as a body scrub when mixed with salt or sugar
- Helps prevent shoe bites
- Can be used to protect newly healed tattoos
- Can be used to soothe razor bumps
- Can be used to soothe tired/sore feet
- Can be used to shape eyebrows
- Can be used post shaving to help keep areas smooth and silky
- Can be applied to a fading manicure to make it shine again
- Acts as a barrier to water for wounds
- Can be used to care for sensitive skin
- Can be used to help ease cracked mouth corners
- Can be used to soothe a dry nose during a cold/illness
- Can be used to soothe earlobes after continuous earring use
- Can be used to soothe babies’ scalps before shampooing
- Apply on hair before blow-drying to prevent hair from getting dry and rough
- Apply to skin for a healthy shine and glow
- Can be used before long-haul flights to combat dry skin
- Apply along your hairline before using hair dye to prevent stains on skin
- Apply on your teeth to stop lips from sticking to teeth when you need to perform or smile a lot
- Apply on teeth before using lipstick to prevent lipstick from sticking to your teeth
- Mix with lipstick to create a lasting blush
- Helps stubborn rings slide off/on fingers easily
- Apply to your hair and use as a hair mask
- Scrunch it into hair to create tousled waves
- Apply a small amount on dry spots on your body before using tanning products to prevent uneven tanning
- Put Vaseline on your lips, leave it a few minutes, then scrub lips with a toothbrush to exfoliate
- Safe to use Vaseline on newborn babies’ hands and feet to restore scaly skin
- Can be used to soothe irritated skin
- Can be used to help care for piercings – ear, belly, etc.
- Apply Vaseline just after your shower while still damp to help soothe eczema
- Rub Petroleum Jelly on the skin around your nails before applying nail polish to prevent staining skin
- Use it on hair before you braid, to give your braid a neat and polished shine
- Can be used instead of mascara to create glossy lashes
- Rub a small amount on nail colour that’s a week old, and it will help it shine more
- Can be used to give a baby a soothing massage
- Helps prevent nappy rashes on babies
- Apply it on feet overnight and wake up to smoother feet
- Helps restore dry hands especially after outdoor activities
- Helps restore rough hands following physical labour
- For glossier hair and a healthy scalp rub a 20c-sized drop of Vaseline through your roots before shampooing.
- Can be used as a full-body moisturizer
- Can be used to seal split ends of the hair
- Create a flavoured and coloured lip balm by mixing Vaseline with a little flavoured drink powder
- Can be used to help soften rough elbows
- Can be used to help moisturize dry knees
- Can help to restore chapped or dry lips
- Can help to restore cracked heals
- Can be used to ease chafing during exercise
- Apply to hands at night and cover with gloves for deep moisturisation while sleeping
- Can be used to soothe areas where your clothes have rubbed
- To soothe chafed areas where your skin has rubbed together, e.g. thighs
- Apply to face or body to stay warm in cold/windy weather
- Use on hair to create a polished ponytail with no flyaways
- Use between your toes and fingers to reduce dry skin
- Make emergency makeup by adding a bit of food colouring to petroleum jelly to create colourful blush, lipstick, or eye shadow.
- Can be used to soften and style facial hair.
- Apply to skin before using perfume to elongate its effects
- Can be used instead of mascara for longer glossy lashes
- Can be used to help remove paint from skin
- Soothe skin after too much sun or wind by applying to affected areas
- Can be used to help restore facial skin where your face mask is chafing (nose, cheeks, and ears) from prolonged wear
- Apply a dab of Vaseline Petroleum Jelly to your door hinges to stop squeaking
- Rub Vaseline Petroleum Jelly onto a frozen lock to get it moving again
- Apply to metal hardware and tools to prevent rust
- Vaseline Petroleum Jelly is effective in wound protection
- It helps to soothe minor cuts and burns
- Works as a protective layer over scabs, burns, and rashes
- Helps to soothe mild sunburn
- Add Vaseline to a damp washcloth and use to lift makeup stains from your clothes or bedding
- Remove scuff on leather boots, shoes, bags, and handbags by buffing with Vaseline
- Put a dab of Vaseline under the cap of your nail polish to ensure dried lacquer doesn’t lock up the lid
- Place a thin layer of Vaseline onto razor blades between uses to keep them like new. Make sure they're completely dry first to prevent rust.
- To remove chewing gum from hair, coat the gum and surrounding hair with a generous dollop of Vaseline and gently tug until it comes loose.
- Create earplugs that stop water from entering ears while swimming by coating two cotton balls with petroleum jelly and moulding them to fit each ear.
- To help to repair scratches and watermarks on wood, add a generous coat of Vaseline to your wood surfaces and let it soak in for 24 hours before polishing the surface.
- Rub Vaseline over worn spots on leather furniture or clothes to make them shine again.
- Start a fire with Vaseline by coating a cotton ball (or a few) with Vaseline and light them up to produce a flame - then add to your grill, fire pit, etc.
- Remove smudges from your mirrors, sunglasses and even belt buckles by adding some Vaseline and buffing the marks away
- Apply some Vaseline to your shoulders underneath your bra straps to alleviate itching and discomfort
- Remove any dripped, dried candle wax by applying some Vaseline and letting it absorb for a few minutes, then wipe it all down with a damp cloth
- Use Vaseline to transform your matte or powder products into creams. Combine loose pigments with the jelly to create your custom cream eyeshadow, blush or tinted balm
- Can be used as a highlighter. Pat some onto the tops of your cheeks to create a dewy, light-catching look
- Use Vaseline to remove makeup - just massage some Vaseline onto your lids and wipe eye makeup away using a cotton pad
- For a sparkling festival look, lather your skin in Vaseline and add glitter on top
- Apply Vaseline along the strip line of false lashes to help loosen the glue and make for gentler peel-off
- Rub Vaseline on your baby’s eyebrows to protect your baby’s eyes while shampooing
- Keep your lightbulbs rust-free and easy to move by applying a small amount of Vaseline to the base of your bulb before you screw it into place
- Keep your shower curtain from getting stuck by lubricating the rod with some Vaseline
- Apply a bit of Vaseline on both the sides of the stuck zipper and unstick it easily
- Keep glue and adhesives from drying out by smoothing a dab of Vaseline under the cap and around the rim. This will also prevent a build-up of dried glue from sealing the cap shut
There it is! Can you think of any more uses for Vaseline Petroleum Jelly?