Vaseline VIP Summer Cruise USSD Competition
01 Oct – 31 Jan 2024
Terms & Conditions
1. The promoter is Unilever South Africa (Pty) Ltd (“the Promoter”).
2. The promotional competition is only open to South African residents in possession of a valid identity document (South African identity document or passport for international residents of South Africa). Participants must be over the age of 18 at the time of entering into this competition and in possession of a valid South African passport.
3. The promotional competition is not open to any director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of the Promoter, the marketing service providers or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by these entities, including their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members.
4. By participating in this competition participants agree to receive future marketing material from the brand/s on promotion. However, the participant has the right to unsubscribe to receiving marketing material or request the promoter to delete their information by contacting the Promoter at 15 Nollsworth Crescent, Nollsworth Park, La Lucia, 4051 Att: Legal Department or opting out from any electronic marketing message.
6. This promotional competition is open from 00:00 on 01 October 2023 and ends at 23:59 on 31 January 2024. Any entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
7. To enter, participants will be required to purchase any 2 (two) participating products listed below from a participating store (Checkers & Clicks) or online via Take a Lot & Checkers Sixty60. Participants must then dial *120*1555# and follow prompts. USSD session charged at 20c per 20 seconds.
|Vaseline Intensive Care Nourishing Argan Oil 400ml Lotion|
|Vaseline Intensive Care Firming 400ml Lotion|
|Vaseline Intensive Care Even Tone 400ml Lotion|
|Vaseline Intensive Care Men Cooling 400ml Lotion|
In order to qualify entry, participants will be required to flow the below step by step guide
Step 1: Dial *120*1555#
Step 2: Please enter last 4 digits of the barcode of product 1
Step 3: Please enter last 4 digits of the barcode of product 2
Step 4: Participants must keep their till slip as proof of purchase
Participants must enter the correct last 4 digits of the barcode for product 1 and product 2. If a participant has given incorrect details of the barcode, the Promoter reserves the right to deem that entry as invalid.
Participants must enter in their correct contact details. If a Winner has given incorrect contact details, the Promoter reserves the right to select another Winner in terms of the rules.
Participants may enter as many times as they wish, however not more than three (3) times a day, provided that each entry is associated with a separate purchase and accurate barcode.
A random CPA approved draw of 2 entries will win a double ticket to the Vaseline VIP Summer Cruise comprised of:
3 night - 4 day cruise to Walvis Bay on the MSC Cruise 26th March – 29th March 2024 for 2 people sharing, Including:
1x double ticket covering 2(two)PAX only.
Return flights and transfers to departing destination
All meals as covered by the cruise
Beverage allocation of R2000.00
Balcony / VIP cabin
8. Any Prize not taken up for any reason within 3 days of notification will be forfeited.
9. Prizes are not exchangeable for cash or transferable.
10. The Winner(s) will be selected by means of a random draw on 01 February 2024 using the CPA approved system “The Random Entry Selector” and will be notified telephonically where the Winner will be required to verify their details.
11. The draw will be overseen by Independent Auditors, Senekal Symmonds.
12. The Winner will be required to provide their name, ID and passport number, Copy of their identity document and passport which is valid up until 26th September 2024 , contact details and to sign an acknowledgment of receipt of the prize. Winners from the USSD competition will need to show their till slip with proof of purchase including barcode they used to enter.
13. The winner will be notified telephonically and the Winner will be required to verify their details. The Promoter (or their agent) will endeavour to contact the prize Winner once every day for 3 consecutive working days after their name is drawn. If the Prize Winner cannot be contacted during this period, the Prize will be forfeited, and another Winner will be selected in accordance with the rule
14. The Winner will be required to sign a digital Indemnity and Media Release forms
15. A copy of these rules can be found on the Vaseline website page at https://www.vaseline.com/za/en throughout the period of the competition as well as on the Vaseline website.
16. Failure to claim the Prize or a refusal or inability to complete required documentation or comply with any of the competition requirements within 24hours will disqualify the Winner and a new Winner will be drawn in terms of these rules.
17. The Promoter shall not be responsible for any lost, damaged, delayed, incorrect or incomplete entries for any reason whatsoever. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
18. The Promoter shall not be responsible for the failure of any technical element relating to this promotion that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
19. Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer or cell phone hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any claim if fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise frequently falsifying data.
21. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
22. NOTE: Any attempt to use multiple e-mail, cell phone or Facebook accounts or other tactics to enter or vote more than the stated limit may result in disqualification and all associated entries and/or votes will be void. Entries or votes generated by script, macro, bot, commercial contest subscription, incentives or other means not sponsored by the Promoter, vote-swapping sites, voting software, entering service sites or any other automated means and entries or votes by any means that subvert the entry/voting process or do not conform to the terms or spirit of these competition rules, will void the entry/votes and may disqualify the entrant.
23. The prize is not exchangeable for cash and is not transferrable.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to use the images taken of the Winner for publicity purposes in any manner they deem fit, without remuneration being made payable to the Winner. However, the Winner has the right to object to these images being used by written notification to the Promoter at 15 Nollsworth Crescent, Nollsworth Park, La Lucia, 4051 Att: Legal Department.
25. The Promoter shall have the right to change or terminate the promotional competition immediately and without notice, if deemed necessary in its opinion and if circumstances arise outside of their control. In the event of such change or termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they have in respect of this promotional competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter or its agents.
26. In the event that the Prize is not available despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to procure the Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize for one of equal value.
27. Neither the Promoter, its agents, its associated companies, nor any directors, officers or employees of such, shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by the participant or the Winner.
28. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
29. Participation in the promotional competition constitutes acceptance of the promotional competition rules and participants agree to abide by the rules.
30. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook and the participants acknowledge that they are providing information to the Promoter and its agents only and not to Facebook.
31. All participants in this Competition release Facebook from all liabilities and claims arising out of or in connection with this competition and these terms and conditions.
32. The Promoter reserves the right to delete any information uploaded by a participant which the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, believes is illegal, obscene, offensive or defamatory, or infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party, or is otherwise inappropriate for a campaign designed for mass audience entertainment.
33. Participants warrant that they have full rights to the images and stories that they upload and that the use of the said material shall not constitute a breach of any third party’s copyright or other intellectual property rights.
34. Participants agree that by uploading their “images” and/or stories, they grant permission to the Promoter to use the images or stories or any part thereof, in any and all media for promotional / marketing purposes with no consideration payable to the participants.