Deal With Dry Skin Issues
How to Help Heal Dry Lips
Looking for the right treatment to heal dry lips? Here are tips on how to treat and prevent dry skin on lips to get healthy, soft, and smooth lips in no time!
How to Treat Dry Skin Around the Eyes
Having issues with dry skin around the eyes? Learn how to treat this condition and help prevent red eyes, especially during cold weather like in winter/autumn.
Dealing with Dry Facial Skin
Dry facial skin can be caused by various factors including temperature; cold weather, wind, or the sun. Learn how to spot & treat dry skin on your face.
Moisturize to Help Heal Dry Cracked Heels
Dry, cracked heels are a pain for everyone. Here are some causes of dry skin on heels and ways you can prevent, treat or get rid of dry crack heals. Learn more.
Skincare tips for dry skin
Are you struggling to treat your dry skin? Worry not, here are skincare tips for dry skin type issues and suggested treatment products you can use from Vaseline.
Tips on How to Treat Eczema and Relieve Dry Skin
Eczema is a common skin condition where very itchy dry patches can form on different parts of the body. Gets tips on how to treat eczema and relieve dry skin
What You Need to Know About Menopause and Dry Skin?
All women, who live long enough, experience menopausal skin. These are a few tips to help you deal with it better. Learn more about menopause and dry Skin here.
Pregnancy and Your Skin: Dry Skin, Itchy Skin, and Chapped Lips During Pregnancy
Often women experience dry skin, itchy skin & chapped lips when pregnant – here's how to care for your dry skin during pregnancy here. Read more about dry skin.
How to Get Rid of Dry Skin
Suffering from flaky skin? Read our remedies on how to get rid of dry skin, making it easy for you to restore a natural softness and glow to your skin. Learn.
Dry Skin Again? Here’s What Could Be Causing It
Dry skin can be a real annoyance. But once you know what causes dry skin, it’s much easier to heal. If you are experiencing dry skin, here are dry skin secrets.
Dry or Dehydrated Skin? What’s the Difference?
Dry skin vs dehydrated skin explained: dry skin can be known as a skin type, while dehydrated skin is a condition in which skin lacks water. Learn more
9 Simple Tips to Help Treat Dry Skin on Elbows
Get 9 simple tips to help treat dry skin on elbows. Dry elbows are often a problem in winter when temperatures and humidity levels drop. Learn about dry elbows.
How to Find Good Lotions for Dry Skin
Do you know how to find good lotions for dry skin? Vaseline has some great lotions to help alleviate dry skin. Learn how to combat dry skin today.
Dry Feet Problems? How To Treat Dry Skin on Feet
Dry feet are dry skin issues as your heels may crack and harden - which needs to be treated and soothed. Learn more on how to get rid of dry skin on feet
Dealing with Dry, Itchy Skin on Legs
Read our guide on how to deal with dry itchy legs and achieve soft, smooth legs. Learn what causes dry skin on legs and how best to get rid of dry legs.
How to Deal with Dry Patches on the Face
Dry patches on the face are commonly caused by incorrect skincare & extreme weather. Get tips to combat dry skin on your face with Vaseline products and tips.
How to Heal Dry, Cracked Hands
Learn how to treat dry, cracked hands as this skin type issue is caused by the most common activities like washing dishes. Read more on dry skin on hands.
Rid Yourself of Dry Winter Skin with These 5 Tips
We have put together 5 tips for dry winter skin to help prevent or relieve symptoms such as itchiness and dry skin. Read our tips on dry skin during winter.
Difference Between Dry Skin Vs Oily Skin
Dry skin vs oily skin explained: Dry skin is usually thinner and shows fine wrinkles, while oily skin tends to be shiny. Learn more about dry vs oily skin today.
Different Types of Dry Skin Conditions Explained
There are a few types of dry skin conditions that you may experience as a result of external factors such as dry environments and more. Learn about these here.
Difference Between Dry Skin Vs Dehydrated Skin
Dry skin vs dehydrated skin explained: Dry skin can be known as a skin type, while dehydrated skin is a condition in which skin lacks water. Learn more today.
How to Find Good Moisturisers for Dry Skin
Do you know how to find a good moisturiser for dry skin? Well, Vaseline has a variety of moisturisers to help alleviate dry skin. Summer skin is Vaseline skin.
Dry Skin Type: Causes, Symptoms & Treatment Advice
Dry skin can be uncomfortable and cause itching, flaking, and redness. It may also lead to other skin conditions. Learn more about dry skin causes & prevention.
How to Treat Dry Winter Skin
Dry Skin from a winter breeze can be troubling. Find out more about what causes dry winter skin and what remedies to use for the best chance at treatment.
See How Moisture Heals Dry Skin with Science
Do you know what causes dry skin? This infographic explains the different stages of moisture loss and how to heal dry skin.
Dry Itchy Skin Relief
Itchy skin can be caused by many factors, including dry skin. If you've got itchy skin, read on for advice on how to relieve & prevent itching all over.
What Causes Dry Skin?
While you may be more familiar with hearing about dry skin in adults, as dry skin is the result of water loss from the outer layer of the skin, it is an issue that can affect people of all ages and skin types. The loss of water results in the skin being unable to retain its suppleness, causing you to experience dry skin. While there are numerous factors that may cause dry skin, certain factors can increase your chances of developing this skin condition.
The most common factors that lead to the occurrence of dry skin include excessive washing of the skin, the use of specific soaps that may react to your skin, and exposure to weather conditions with low-humidity such as cold or windy weather. Underlying health or skin conditions like dehydration and eczema can also cause dry skin to occur.
What are the Main Symptoms of Dry Skin?
As dry skin is a condition caused by a loss of moisture from the outer layer of skin, signs, symptoms and areas affected with dry skin may vary from person to person depending on factors such as health and living environment.
Some of the most common dry skin symptoms are:
- Flaking or scaly skin
- Cracked skin
- Peeling skin
- Rough skin texture
- Itchy skin
We’ve done a bit of research to find some top tips on ways for you to prevent and treat dry skin. Let’s dive in!
How Can I Prevent Dry Skin?
Fortunately, there is quite a lot you can do on your own to prevent and improve dry skin, from a few lifestyle changes to making more of an effort to protect your skin from elements that may cause it to dry out. As dry skin is the result of a loss of moisture in the outer skin layer, the remedies to prevent and treat dry skin are for the most part the same. So, here are 5 ways to prevent and treat dry skin.
1. Become a water baby! As dry skin is the result of a loss of water in the skin layer, I’m sure you get the idea. Drinking water goes a very long way in resolving dry skin. Dehydration can be a factor causing you to have dry skin, and so ensuring you stay hydrated can help your skin stay hydrated too.
2. Defend your skin Making an effort to protect your skin from elements that can wear on your skin and cause it to dry out is absolutely necessary for healthy, happy and moisturised skin. Environmental conditions like excessive wind, sun and cold exposure can damage your skin and sap some of its moisture. Protective clothing can help to prevent or decrease your skin’s exposure to environmental elements and thus prevent dry skin.
Applying moisturisers like Vaseline’s Clinical Care Extremely Dry Skin Rescue Moisturising Body Lotion can also aid in protecting your skin as it is specially formulated with Barrier Repair Complex, to strengthen and help repair it. Giving your skin the protection and nourishment it needs.
3. Adapt or dry! You are an awesomely unique individual and that means the needs of your body and skin are just as unique as you are. If your job requires you to wash your hands multiple times a day or work with harsh chemicals that splash onto your skin, you need to adapt your skin care routine to your environment. Keep a mini moisturiser like the 50ml Vaseline Blue Seal Cocoa Butter Petroleum Jelly in your pocket or bag for on-the-go nourishment and skin protection.
4. Get some relief! With all the itchiness, flaking and chaffing that comes with dry skin, your skin needs some relief. Soothe it and relieve the symptoms of dry skin with products like Vaseline Blue Seal Vitamin E petroleum jelly - uniquely formulated with ingredients like vitamin E to restore moisture and elasticity for smooth, healthy skin.
5. Moisturising is king Keeping your skin moisturised is absolutely essential for both helping to prevent and treating dry skin. As dry skin is caused by a loss of moisture in the outer skin layer, creams and lotions are ideal for restoring moisture in the skin. Keep an eye out for lotions and creams that have ingredients like shea butter, argan oil and petrolatum, like Vaseline’s Nourishing Argan Oil Body Lotion. These ingredients are particularly effective in replenishing and locking moisture into the skin, for nourished skin that looks and feels good.
So, don’t let dry skin get you down. There are plenty of simple solutions that you can adopt to ensure you keep your skin nourished, healthy and happy. Check out our range of Vaseline moisturisers and lotions and reach for amazing every day.